- Who we are
This Privacy notice applies to the use and processing of personal information collected by McRae’s Property Services Limited and McRae’s Lettings & Management. The ICO Registration number of McRae’s Property Services Limited is ZA341965. The ICO Registration number of McRae’s Lettings & Management is Z2229051.
The phrases “us”, “we” or “our” mean those businesses which are part of McRae’s Property Services Limited and McRae’s Lettings & Management on behalf of and in respect of whom this Privacy Notice is made.
For information concerning the collection, use and processing of personal information by any of our third party business partners or suppliers, please contact our representative with whom you usually deal.
- Information covered by this Privacy Notice
- Personal data. This is information, or any combination of separate pieces of information, that could be used to identify you.
- Special categories of personal data. This is information which is classified as sensitive (for example details of your health).
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. If you have any questions about this notice or our use of your personal data then please contact the McRae’s Property Services Limited or McRae’s Lettings & Management Data Protection Officer in writing to: The Data Protection Officer, 18 The Avenue, Highams Park, London E4 9LD.
- Where we get personal information from
When you enquire or register for services provided by McRae’s Property Services Limited or McRae’s Lettings & Management, we may collect from a variety of sources, including:
- Information we collect directly from you, either through face to face contact, by telephone, email communications such as messaging, or through the internet.
- Information we collect when you visit our website.
- Information provided to us by third parties
- Information from publicly available sources, for example Land Registry.
- What information we collect.
- Information we collect directly from you:
Depending on the type of service or product we are discussing, the following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
Date of Birth
Information about your family
Financial information, such as earnings and outgoings
Payment information, such as bank account details
Your communication and marketing preferences
We may during the course of your relationship with us, request additional information from you which is relevant to the provision of specific services.
Any telephone calls, either to or from McRae’s Property Services Limited or McRae’s Lettings & Management, may be recorded for training, monitoring, compliance and security.
- Information we obtain from third parties
Where we are required by law, or for business needs, we will obtain information about you from third parties, but only after we have your agreement to do so. For example (but not limited to) the third parties we may need to contact are credit reference agencies, banks, employers, accountants and solicitors in order to obtain references, undertake identity verification and basic criminal record checks, and validate your income level and financial history.
- Who we share your information with
We may share your information both within McRae’s Property Services Limited and McRae’s Lettings & Management and also relevant third party business partners.
Where we engage third party service providers to provide products (such as mortgages, insurances and utility services) or other business services (such as Contractors) and operations, we provide them with only the personal information they need to perform the service we request. We contractually require them to securely protect information, and to not use it for any other purpose.
- How we use your information
We will process the information you provide or we obtain from other sources to provide you with products and services and answer any questions you may have.
The following are examples of how we use the information we collect:
- To process your registration and confirm your identity
- To provide a full range of estate agency services for the sale and purchase of property
- To provide a full lettings service for tenants, prospective tenants and landlords
- To provide property management services
- To process payment for our services
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering, tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and manage risk exposure, compliance and security of business processes
- To provide, administer and communicate with you about McRae’s Property Services Limited and/or McRae’s Lettings & Management’s products, services, offers, programs and promotions and their issuers.
- To compile business directories, including business contact information
- To operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our products, services and website.
6.1 Information about our products and services
We may also use your personal data to contact you by post, email, telephone or other electronic means to provide you with information about products and services from McRae’s Property Services Limited and McRae’s Lettings & Management and carefully selected third parties which we feel may be of interest or relevant to your needs.
Please see Section 12 for information about how you can exercise your rights.
6.3 Credit scoring
Some of the services provided by third parties may involve an automated decision and/or credit scoring to determine whether we are able to provide a service or product.
Using third parties to undertake searches and collate information on our behalf helps make fair and responsible decisions. When coming to these decisions we and third parties will consider:
- the information provided on the application form
- information about previous account conduct , including any payment arrears and
- official public records information such as fraud record information and insolvency records
Any credit scoring methods used by third parties are regularly tested to ensure they remain fair, effective and unbiased.
For further information about automated decisions or credit scoring, please contact McRae’s Property Services Limited or McRae’s Lettings & Management Data Protection Officer by post at 18 The Avenue. Highams Park, London E4 9LD.
- Lawful basis of processing
McRae’s Property Services Limited and McRae’s Lettings & Management processes your information under any of the following lawful conditions:
(i) Performance of a contract – this is where the collection and processing of your data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
(ii) Legal obligation – this is where the collection and processing of your data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, for example verification of identity and fraud prevention
(iii) Consent – where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent before processing your data, for example to receive marketing information from McRae’s Property Services Limited, McRae’s Lettings & Management or any third parties.
(iv) Legitimate interests – some information is processed by McRae’s Property Services Limited and McRae’s Lettings & Management as part of its legitimate interests which include network and information security, opting out of communications, direct marketing, updating customer details, lettings, sales, and other core services provided.
- Other situations
We may transfer or otherwise process your personal information:
- As part of the sale of a McRae’s Property Services Limited and McRae’s Lettings & Management business to another company
- When we have received your instruction to pass the sale of your property to another agent
- To enforce our terms and conditions
- When required by law and/or government authorities
- When requested by The Property Ombudsman scheme or any other consumer Ombudsman or trade association
- How long we keep your information for
We will keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, and to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the McRae’s Property Services Limited or McRae’s Lettings & Management Data Protection Officer by post at 18 The Avenue. Highams Park, London E4 9LD.
- When we communicate with you
We will send you service related communications.
We may also contact you in order to provide you with information about our products and services which we believe may be of interest to you, and which relate to your needs.
- How we communicate with you
For service related communications, we will contact you either by email or through the post. We may also telephone you or send you SMS messages, which may include automated SMS reminders for viewings.
We give you choices about how we communicate promotions and offers to you.
11.1 By email
We only send you promotional emails if you explicitly select to receive these. You can stop receiving promotional email messages from McRae’s Property Services Limited and McRae’s Lettings & Management by contacting by email at email@example.com or by post at 18 The Avenue, Highams Park, London E4 9LD.
11.2 By post
We only send you promotional postal mail if you explicitly select to receive these. You can stop receiving promotional postal mail from McRae’s Property Services Limited and McRae’s Lettings & Management by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
or by post at 18 The Avenue, Highams Park, London E4 9LD.
11.3 Mobile Text Messages
We will only send you promotional text messages if you explicitly select to receive these. You can stop receiving promotional text messages from McRae’s Property Services Limited and McRae’s Lettings & Management by email at email@example.com or by post at 18 The Avenue, Highams Park, London E4 9LD.
We will only contact you by phone for promotional reasons if you explicitly select to receive these. McRae’s Property Services Limited and McRae’s Lettings & Management by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at 18 The Avenue, Highams Park, London E4 9LD.
- Your statutory rights
You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use. These include the right to:
- ask us for access to a copy of your personal information we hold about you
- ask us to correct your personal information
- ask us to delete your personal information
- withdraw your consent to use your personal information
Where you have provided consent for our processing of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, your previous consent will remain valid in respect of our use of your data in relation to good or service we are still contracted to provide
If you would prefer not to receive information from McRae’s Property Services Limited, McRae’s Lettings & Management or carefully selected third parties you can opt out by contacting McRae’s Property Services Limited or McRae’s Lettings & Management at email@example.com or by post at 18 The Avenue, Highams Park, London E4 9LD
We will act to respond to your request to stop receiving promotional email, phone, text or postal messages from McRae’s Property Services Limited and McRae’s Lettings & Management as quickly as is practicable (approximately 10 working days). We will keep information for record keeping purposes to ensure we fulfil your request not to send particular types of messages.
- ask us to restrict the use of your personal data, including direct marketing
- object to our use of your personal data
- object to an automated decision, including profiling (for example, in terms of credit risk)
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, if you object to the way we use your personal information. For more information please go to www.ico.org.uk
If you wish to make a request for access to a copy of your personal data, please contact McRae’s Property Services Limited or McRae’s Lettings & Management by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at 18 The Avenue, Highams Park, London E4 9LD.
If you wish to exercise any of your other rights, please write to the Data Protection Officer at McRae’s Property Services Limited by email at email@example.com or by post at 18 The Avenue, Highams Park, London E4 9LD.
We will acknowledge your request and let you know what we will need from you to carry out your request. Every effort will be made to respond to or comply with your request as quickly as possible, and we will ensure our systems are updated as soon as is practicable in response to your request.
- How we protect your information
We store your personal information on our computer systems and in our paper records.
We have implemented strict security procedures to ensure that personal information is not damaged, destroyed or misused, and to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
The information that we collect is stored in a secure facility with restricted physical access.
We also use a number of security measures to prevent electronic access.
Where – in line with this Privacy Notice – information is shared with third parties, similar security measures are used to protect your information.
- Data Transfers
We ourselves do not currently transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
If in the future we or our partners need to transfer your information to recipients in other countries we will:
(i) perform those transfers in accordance with the requirements of applicable law and subject to appropriate safeguards, and
(ii) protect the transferred personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice
- Children’s privacy
We do not offer any products or services to children. In certain circumstances (for example a mortgage application) we may need to collect the name and date of birth of children from mortgage applicants, and share this with the selected mortgage provider.
- Links to other websites
Our websites, other electronic portals and documentation may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These may operate independently from us and have their own Privacy Notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
Where linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content or data privacy practices.
- Our Promise to you
When you provide us with this information, you agree to the collection, use and sharing of your information in accordance with this data Privacy Notice. Our promise to you is that
- We’ll work with other businesses to put together offers we think you might like
- You are in control of your data
- You can request to change your privacy settings at any time
- If you don’t think the data is correct tell us and well put it right
- We will keep your data secure
- We also promise to collect, process store and share your data safely and securely and to make sure the businesses we work with do the same
- Updates to our Privacy Notice
We will occasionally update our Privacy Notice, so we suggest that you review this Notice from time to time. If we make substantial changes to our Privacy Notice, we will endeavour to inform you directly about these changes.